Can Chinese Algae Eaters go together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RnLGG

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay, I have yet one more question about Chinese Algae Eaters, which should be the end of it!
So here is my question for all of you who keep Chinese Algae Eaters:
Can these fish be kept together?
If so, would they have to be together when they are still young?

By the way, my tank I'm setting up soon is a 34g long, so I don't even think two Chinese Algae Eaters could go in there, but I'd like your opinion.

Thanks in advance!

What other fish do you plan on getting? Chinese algae eaters can get pretty aggressive with other fish and they also like to suck the slime coat from them. If you like the look of Chinese algae eaters you can consider something like oto cats, flying fox or siamese algae eater.

What other fish do you plan on getting? Chinese algae eaters can get pretty aggressive with other fish and they also like to suck the slime coat from them. If you like the look of Chinese algae eaters you can consider something like oto cats, flying fox or siamese algae eater.

I know how nasty they get. I plan on just having a chinese algae eater in the tank with plants, I was wondering if I could keep 2 in there.

Thanks.

I've got 2 in my tank, with Pleco, Mollies, Guppies, Flying Fox, Cherry Barbs, Platy's and Swordtails.

Never had any problem with them, they always stay together, they even lay on the pleco, I've seen them chase things but not continuously, just enough to scare them off, never seen them being aggressive.

In my other tank I had 3, one of them got really big but even then they were fine.

They probably can and do get aggressive but I've never experienced it with them, and they're one of my fave fish.

My Mum and best friend have also got tanks with them in and no problems either.

I've got 2 in my tank, with Pleco, Mollies, Guppies, Flying Fox, Cherry Barbs, Platy's and Swordtails.

Never had any problem with them, they always stay together, they even lay on the pleco, I've seen them chase things but not continuously, just enough to scare them off, never seen them being aggressive.

In my other tank I had 3, one of them got really big but even then they were fine.

They probably can and do get aggressive but I've never experienced it with them, and they're one of my fave fish.

My Mum and best friend have also got tanks with them in and no problems either.

How big are your tanks? I'd like to know if I could keep two in a 34g long.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom