can fish eat corn flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fonze

Aquarium Advice Regular
During a conversation in the pub (you can see where this is going) a friend of mine was adamant that tropical fish quite like corn flakes. This ended up as a major discussion between several of us and I said I would ask the question here to try and find out. So any thoughts on this would be great.

When fishing with my grandpa when I was a wee little guy. He swore by Wheaties-Cereal-Box-psd26367.jpg cereal. We called them dough balls but it worked and I would catch big carp and catfish.

But I don't have a box here so I'm not sure if it would be good for them. I would aim towards probably not :)

I don't know if you mean as tropical fish food or to use as bait for catching fish, if you mean for catching them then I can tell you with certainty take carp for instance they will eat anything you offer if they are in the right mood, I've caught 30 pounders on dog biscuits often, I've also caught them on plain old white bread and obviously commercially sold regular bait, what works one day might never work again if you try it every day for a month or more, for catching it's just best to take a variety and if one doesn't work try another, I've just bought some bloodworm and pineapple boilies which I will be heading of to the local lake tomorrow to try amongst various other offerings of course, fingers crossed one of them works.

BP

I'm sure if you crumble them up they would most likely eat them... BUT I seriously doubt they would be good for them IMO.

I'm sure if you crumble them up they would most likely eat them... BUT I seriously doubt they would be good for them IMO.

LOL. +1. Have a few big cichlids that will eat anything that falls into the tank, or at least try. Doubt cornflakes would be an exception. But I don't think cornflakes would be part of a balanced breakfast for fish...

WYite

No. Whether or not they would like it, it wouldn't provide the proper nutrition for carnivores or herbivores.

mfdrookie516 said:
I heard that Tony the Tiger feeds his aquatic friends Frosted Flakes.... he swears that they're greeeeeaaaaat for them.

Lmao :)

I don;t think corn flakes are natural and have anything a fish needs. If there were trees or bushes that grew corn flakes near stream and lakes, like nuts and fruits, then I could see it as a an occasional treat for the fish. Sunflower seeds may also be on that list.

Back
Top Bottom