Can guppies go with denison barbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Desacrator

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have 8 denison barbs in a 60g. Everyone is happy but my mom is pushing me to add some guppies so I can here to ask how many I could have. Ideally alot because they look good in schools

I believe the guy who said no is not going to reply. I don't have any experience but what I read is they are compatible with small fish like neons and cardinals so I say they will he fine with guppies too.

My guess as to why someone would say No would be if Barbs are nippy, they would go after those flowing tails.
I have never had Barbs, but I thought I read that they can be nippy. So this is just a guess.

My guess as to why someone would say No would be if Barbs are nippy, they would go after those flowing tails.
I have never had Barbs, but I thought I read that they can be nippy. So this is just a guess.
This is actually different fish. Not nippy and very peaceful. Also called roseline shark.

If anything they're much faster and more agile than goofy, slow guppies. Feedings may be tricky so everyone gets food. Set up a smaller guppy tank??

I have had Denison and tetras in the same tank. The Denison are not nippy with other species that I have seen. But they can outcompete for food.

Back
Top Bottom