Can I Add 2 More?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hamsnacks

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

Current setup is as follows.

120 Gallon Tank, 6 Feet Long. MarineLand 530 Filter and a Rena/API XP3 Filter.

Livestock:

2 x Bala Shark
2 x Rainbow Shark
2 x Ropefish
6 x Tiger Barb
1 x Angel Fish
1 x White Crayfish (Extremely friendly, I got lucky, have pictures of him standing directly on top of a Ropefish and no issues at all)
10 x Zebra Nitrate Snail

At this point every fish is very good together, no nipping or chasing around. Everyone is eating properly. I am very happy with my t

I was wondering if you guys think I could add an extra 2 Clown Loaches, I was initially interested in the Banded Leporinus but I kept reading about their aggressiveness and they eat plants, I have a few live plants in the tank. So do you think the Loaches would be fine (I read enough experiences from others that stated 2 were happy together) or do you think I would be overstocked in the future.

Thanks!

Hello,

Current setup is as follows.

120 Gallon Tank, 6 Feet Long. MarineLand 530 Filter and a Rena/API XP3 Filter.

Livestock:

2 x Bala Shark
2 x Rainbow Shark
2 x Ropefish
6 x Tiger Barb
1 x Angel Fish
1 x White Crayfish (Extremely friendly, I got lucky, have pictures of him standing directly on top of a Ropefish and no issues at all)
10 x Zebra Nitrate Snail

At this point every fish is very good together, no nipping or chasing around. Everyone is eating properly. I am very happy with my t

I was wondering if you guys think I could add an extra 2 Clown Loaches, I was initially interested in the Banded Leporinus but I kept reading about their aggressiveness and they eat plants, I have a few live plants in the tank. So do you think the Loaches would be fine (I read enough experiences from others that stated 2 were happy together) or do you think I would be overstocked in the future.

Thanks!

It won't be over stocked per say, as those clowns get fairly large your nerites will become snacks for the loach's though.

Glad to see another user is keeping more than one rainbow shark in the same tank with success. I still won't recommend that, but it can be done.

Your Bala Sharks and future Clown Loaches have the potential to grow to 12". Although you have a fairly large tank, in time things might get a little cramped. Most Clown loach keepers on this site have suggested keeping several Clowns rather than just a pair. If your Balas and Clowns are juveniles, the size issues won't come into play for at least a year, maybe two. At that point adjustments will likely need to be made.

Yeah I think I'm going to pass on the Loaches for now. Maybe increase my school's instead.
I'm prepared in the future to get a larger tank if the fish outgrow it.

It's a balanced community right now, and I love my snails lol they do a great job!

Back
Top Bottom