Can I add anymore fish to my 20 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlTheBruinsFan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have recently setup a new tank about a month and a half ago.

I didnt do a fishless cylce and was lucky that none of my Zebra Danios died due to my ignorance.

Anyways right now I have 5 Zebras, 2 Platys and 3 Harlequin Rasps in the tank.

Is that pretty mucht he max amount of fish I should put into a 20 gallon tall tank?

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! I think you could add more fish. What fish were you thinking of?:welcome:

Nah i say you fill out the rasboras school and mayne get another danio for 6 of each

I was actually thinking about getting a couple more rasps to complete the school.

Should I look into some sort of bottom feeder to clean up left over food?

I was actually thinking about getting a couple more rasps to complete the school.

Should I look into some sort of bottom feeder to clean up left over food?

You could If you wanted to, Cories are great.......however cories need to be kept in groups so you might not have enough room for another shoal:confused:

Well thank you both for the advice.

Could I add a couple of ghost shrimp to the tank?

Ya those would work as thwy have almost no bio load. Red cherry shrimp are practically the same but cooler color

Anytime!:)I am gad I could help. I like Ghost Shrimp too, just not sure how they would do in my tank.....

If your danios ever breed (mine always did), except your Ghost Shrimp to eat them!

Back
Top Bottom