Can i add more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Homedog98

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey, I have a thirty gallon tank. Its still in the planning stages, but I wanted to know if I'm overstocked. Here is my list as of now:
6 black skirt tetras
1 starlight or reg. Bristle nose pleco
2 orange laser cories
1 keyhole cichlid
1 Bolivian ram
If I'm not overstocked, I'd love to get some guppies, as my mom always points them out when we're in the store, and I think they'd add some color. If (assuming I'm not overstocked) I did, how many could I get?

You need to get more cories. If this is a 30 long, then you can probably add a few more fish. If this is a 30 tall, then I would only add about 3 more cories.

It's 30 inches long, 12 inches wide, 18 inches tall. I may add more cories as time and money permits, but do you think I could add some guppies?

Im supposedly overstocked but I haven't lost any fish because of it, I have two filters and change water a couple times a week. And my water parameters are almost always at 0 and ph 7.0

Sent from my iPhone

Did you research these fish before you bought them to see how large they will get eventually? I learned that when deciding what fish to buy, you need to see how big they can grow to see if you have enough space - lots of people get a fish that might eventually get to be 6-12 inches and they either need to give it away or get a bigger tank - plus larger fish need more filtration than smaller ones do.

That's how I decide on every pet I get. And for fish I research, then post my plan on here to make sure. And mdfrookie, I don't want to add more corys because I don't want to have too many bottom feeders. And I've had pairs of cories that have done fine! If I got them sexed would it be better? This way I could have a pair that could mate.

Oh. Well I think I have a plan. How bout I get two guppies and two more corys? And when my guppies breed, I'll put a few in a five gallon for my mom in the kitchen,(when I get enough $) and take the rest back to the pet store or sell them on here.

Back
Top Bottom