Can I add more fish??? Stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmaglich

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all. Was wondering if I'd be able to add any more fish with my current stocking situation. I have a 30g regular aquarium. Here is my current setup:
2 angels - currently about 1 1/2 inches long, 2 inches tall
5 danios - currently about 1 1/2 to 2 inches long
1 gourami - currently about 1 1/2 inches
1 pleco - about 4 inches long
3 cories - about an inch long
3 rainbow sharks - about 1 1/2 inches long

I already know the pleco will eventually outgrow the tank, so I will deal with that later down the road. Was looking for any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't recommend adding any more fish at this time. If anything, you might want to remove some of the fish like the rainbow sharks. A lot of it depends on the type of filtration used in the tank and how often you do partial water changes.

What reason do you give for taking the rainbow sharks out? They get along fine with all the fish, and if anything stay in caves most of the day, making me think they are nocturnal.

If you want to keep the rainbow sharks I can understand that because they are nice looking fish. It might be worth considering just taking back to the LFS two of the three rainbow sharks because they can become very aggressive towards each other. Here is just part of their profile from FishProfiles.com.

"Only one Rainbow Shark should be kept in each tank as they are intolerant of their own species."

http://www.fishprofiles.com/files/profiles/281.htm

Back
Top Bottom