Can i do this meanwhile i get my cherry shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishandmusic81

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am currently seeding some filter media from my current tank I stuffed a second filter in there
In my new 10 gallon can I just have treated tap water running with new filter media meanwhile i seed the other one?
Then just the new media with the seeded one to get the beneficial bacteria?

Your post was a bit confusing. Are you wanting to know if you can seed two different unseeded filter media? Were you saying that you want to seed one cartridge while the other is under treated tap water, then seed the one that is running under the treated tap? Please clarify.

phoenixkiller said:
Your post was a bit confusing. Are you wanting to know if you can seed two different unseeded filter media? Were you saying that you want to seed one cartridge while the other is under treated tap water, then seed the one that is running under the treated tap? Please clarify.

Yeah I thought it'd be confusing
Basically I have one seeded media I will seed another media behind that one then put it in a new tank

Did you mean you have a new filter with new media on a new tank and you want to leave that running while you seed additional media on your established filter, then just change the newly seeded media with the stuff that is in the new filter?

So you have 1x established filter that you will add additional media to to seed that, then remove the additional and put into the new filter on the new tank?

MissSmish said:
Did you mean you have a new filter with new media on a new tank and you want to leave that running while you seed additional media on your established filter, then just change the newly seeded media with the stuff that is in the new filter?

So you have 1x established filter that you will add additional media to to seed that, then remove the additional and put into the new filter on the new tank?

Yeah that's exactly what I'm planning to do
Will enough bb get transferred for the new tank to get cycled faster?
I'm planning on leaving it in there for 2 weeks before switching is that good enough?

MissSmish said:

Inception.

I'd say yes, though I'm a newbie and that's just based on what happened with my tank and what I've researched.

Lol @ inception

Back
Top Bottom