can i feed a..(help asap, it's in my hand >_<)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't see how it might hurt? They'd probably enjoy it. Only issue would be introducing foreign stuff into your tank.

I'd have only one concern, and that is if there were any insectisides or pesticides that might be carried in on the cricket.

u will have to cut it up for them. which really isnt worth doing. the best food to give them that u can find is worms. still gotta cut em up though lol

I couldn't find any worms, everything's too dry... most of the fish don't know what to do with the cricket they're just like... either picking at it or swimming at me to give them food lol

mr funktastic said:
u will have to cut it up for them. which really isnt worth doing. the best food to give them that u can find is worms. still gotta cut em up though lol

If it's a small cricket you don't have to cut it up. Also I wouldn't wash it as this kills them and it's best if they're still kicking when you toss them in the tank. It's probably safer to buy them at the store....but I do feed earthworms out of the yard with no problems to date.

My angel loves crickets. Here's a pic of one just before.. well, you know..

Dave

Attachments

• dscn4180.jpg
    dscn4180.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 56
I agree, it's a beautiful angelfish. (y)

To bad for the cricket Puriti. 8O
I wouldnt' have put it in the tank due to pesticides. Even though you don't spray anything doesnt' mean your neighbors don't. :?

....I don't have any neighbors ...truelly the only neighbor I have is my great grandmother's house (since she died at 102 and she's no longer with us) my great uncle bumby across the street, and my cousins who have a very LONNNNNG driveway before it even starts wtih their lawn.Also, I live next to a state park so they're not going to be stuffing stuff in the lawn or trees O_O...

i once threw a fly i found in the room in my 29 gal, the hatchets i have loved it, but about a week later they started dying off, all my water parameters were fine but i think they might of gotten parasites or something from it.. that sucked..

o_O well, my fish didn't really eat the cricket ...more or less my frog did, I think my female betta had a bit and some of the baby mollies picked at the remains but I didn't see any harm with it since it was under a log o.o

Back
Top Bottom