Can i get more fish for my 20 long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this could all be solved by just writing "Assuming you are doing regular Water changes of approx. 50% and keeping Nitrates below 15ppm, you should be able to stock...."

We don't have to question people, but mentioning the minimums needed to keep an aquarium isn't a bad thing

To the OP, under these circumstances, I definitely think its fine to add some cardinals. :) They are gorgeous! IME, stocking at least 6 would be best, but a few would be great.
Just a thought, Cards can be a little sensitive sometimes (not as bad neons though), so its often a good idea to ask the store selling them if they are tank-bred or wild caught. I have heard the tank bred ones are often a bit less sensitive. :)

I will keep asking, because I think that responding without asking about water quality is just as bad as responding when you know about water quality but not the tank's volume.

Yes, as stated based on tank's volume and water quality you definitely have room for more fish.

Obviously that is meant to bring attention to the fact that effectively everyone ignores water quality when discussing stocking. Obviously the tank's volume is important and anyone who knows me or fishkeeping will know that is not meant word for word.

Water quality is at least as important as tank volume (in a way even more important). IMO it is just as wrong to ask about volume and not water quality as it is to ask about water quality and not volume.

Getting back to the OP... I feel like we're getting off topic?

Are you interested in breeding cherry barbs by any chance? I've seen some nice long-fin morphs!
I think cardinals would appreciate plants, so if you have more cover for them they'd be even happier. Add pics! ;)
You can also consider rasboras and other species of tetras, as well as a larger group of nano fish. Or a centerpiece as had already been mentioned. I would second the paradisefish idea because your tank temp is on the low side for some gouramis and paradisefish like their tanks unheated. How exciting! What do your LFSs carry?

image-1215236826.jpg

There are 8 but the only good pic had 3 :( . Here's the knew plants i got:

image-567485411.jpg

What kind of centerpiece should i get while i have 7 cherry barbs, 4 corydoras, 8 cardinal tetras, and 1 ottocinclus for my 20 long?

Maxp123 said:
What kind of centerpiece should i get while i have 7 cherry barbs, 4 corydoras, 8 cardinal tetras, and 1 ottocinclus for my 20 long?

I personally would not add a centerpiece. That may be a little too much. I would get a buddy for your oto though; they like friends.
I would consider a female betta if the fish were not nippy with her.

I personally would not add a centerpiece. That may be a little too much. I would get a buddy for your oto though; they like friends.
I would consider a female betta if the fish were not nippy with her.

I agree. Another oto or two and something like a male paradisefish would be about as much as I would do, it sounds pretty full.

I agree about getting another couple of otos.
I also agree that you are pretty full. Maybe a Bolivian ram as a centerpeice, or else maybe a honey gourami. A female betta is a good idea too if you can find a nice one. But, I suggest you wait and see how your params hold up with that stock before thinking about adding something else since the fish I suggested can be a bit sensitive to nitrates. Also, you should see how all those fish interact to see if you think you still even have room for a centerpiece fish since you are going to be rather full. :)

I now have 5 cherries, 4 corydoras, 4 otocynclus, 8 cardinal tetras, and 1 zebra snail. Is there enough room for a bolivian ram?

Back
Top Bottom