Can I have one more fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheCrazyFishLady said:
Honestly, the person is probably going to do whatever they think is best. The fish and frogs may suffer and maybe that will trigger the person to get a bigger tank.

I'm sure your right, I just hope s/he is prepared to do a lot of PWCs! What I don't understand is why you would ask advice if you're not going to heed ANY of it..

macz said:
The frogs were in a 6oz frog o sphere at brookstone in the mall...so I think this is a good upgrade.

Many stores sell bettas in tiny little cups...doesn't mean the bettas enjoy being in them...or that it's healthy for them!

Please don't get more fish unless you get a bigger tank. It really is cruel to the fish. The frogs are squished in that tiny tank, and the poor neon is probabily really stressed out. I know it looks fine, their just fish right? No, they are living creatures and you decide on if they will live or die. Go for a 10 gallon starter kit ($60) and cycle it before getting any more fish. After it's cycled get 5 more neon tetras and you will see the difference between happy, healthy fish and stressed, unhealthy fish.

You said the tank goes nicely with the room, but think of the endless possibilities with a bigger tank! You can get gravel to match the color of the room, and fake plants and decorations to complimant it. I promise it will look soo much better! Look in the gallery or on google images for ideas

OK I just bought 2 raspo. Something they are tiny and my tetra just perked up I guess it'll have new roomies.

No, you are some one who should not ask for advice if all you do is ignore it! So those fish are now going to suffer OK. This was dumb for you to ask for ou advice and ignore it all the way and do nothing and get something that will doom your fish and frogs. We told you to get a bigger tank and yet you dont because the tank is nice. Dont ask for advice here if you are going to completly ignore it. This thread was a stupid one all because of you!

I mean seriously there's a ton of room....look at what those betas are in...

Those betta are also suffering OK. People think they can live in there but they cant so go away as you have been very silly and now your fish are going to suffer

I agree, You really need to get a bigger tank. And it was very rude of you to ask for advice and then ignore it and buy even more fish.

While all the advice given here was proper and correct to the best of my knowledge, the tone of these messages was pretty accusatory. Nobody can expect their suggestions when they are framed in that tone. I doubt the poster intended for anyone to take his/her actions as a personal attack, they simply were hoping to get approval for an action they had already decided they were going to take. When they didn’t they blew it off, happens all the time. Maybe it was a troll who knows, either way lets all count to ten and move to more productive things.

Um we tole her in a nice way to not get any more fish but once she decided not to be co-operative that is when people get angry and try to urge them not to do something like that

While all the advice given here was proper and correct to the best of my knowledge, the tone of these messages was pretty accusatory. Nobody can expect their suggestions when they are framed in that tone. I doubt the poster intended for anyone to take his/her actions as a personal attack, they simply were hoping to get approval for an action they had already decided they were going to take. When they didn’t they blew it off, happens all the time. Maybe it was a troll who knows, either way lets all count to ten and move to more productive things.

In agreement with your point. Idk that it's the case here, but "advice" can be offensive when not put forth in the correct manner. The OP was given opinions and made a decision. We may not agree with it, but it's done.

I have to agree that the tone of this thread would have made the original poster think "Forget you I'm going to do it anyway"

Remember what a teacher or parent told you off or not to do something you were really intent on doing. It probably made you want to do it more.

If some one doesn't get it really only one explanation needs to be given, then everyone else can just say "+1 to that. It is the correct advice"

You won't save the world by complaining....
"The squeaky hinge might get the oil, but if it squeaks too much and you just don't use that door" if you get what I mean.

Several people "telling someone off" is going to make them feel ganged up on and never want to come on here again for advice. Remeber that we all started somewhere.

If they never come back they will never get the chance to hear good advice.

Just entering a forewarning. Keep it nice, keep it civil.

Mattrox offers good advice. No one is perfect, we all need to learn. You get more bees with honey than with vinegar.

Ummm... Yes, I agree with everyone except one person, but not going to say who to not anger the Moderators and people. The person who asked the question and asked for advice is responsible for his/her own actions and the health of their animals, although, asking for advice and then doing his own thing and not listening- IT WAS HIS CHOICE- though it was wrong to even think of doing, not to mention act out.
For the people who gave advice, I'm with you all the way. You gave correct advice and when the problem was not addressed with the asker, you got angry. That happens naturally; you are concerned for the animals' safety and when your advice was not taken into consideration, you got angry. No one can say that that never happened with them; it happens to everyone. And yes, maybe he did like his 3gal and maybe it DID look nice but he should have gotten a bigger tank and waited to get more fish. Nobody should get really angry; we're our own people. I know that I'm not in charge here, but don't get mad at me now. Everyone is responsible for his/her own actions and if that's what he wants to do, let him do that. Let his animals suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom