Can I keep 2 dalmation molly......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
In a 10 gal? :confused: My daughter has a 10 gal tank and she wants to keep the 2 male molly fry from the 1st batch in there they are about 10 weeks old and if yes can she add any others? like a platy and a swordtail?

thanks;)

is their any other fish in the ten gallon?
if so what are they?
Yes you could put a swordtail a molly and a platy in the same tank but in a ten gallon that would be about it. think about it. 1inch of fish at adult size per gallon. A molly grows to about 3". A platy grows to about 2". and a swordtail grows to about 4". And you want to have 2molly, 1platy, & a swordtail thats 12" inches of fish right there.

is their any other fish in the ten gallon?
if so what are they?
Yes you could put a swordtail a molly and a platy in the same tank but in a ten gallon that would be about it. think about it. 1inch of fish at adult size per gallon. A molly grows to about 3". A platy grows to about 2". and a swordtail grows to about 4". And you want to have 2molly, 1platy, & a swordtail thats 12" inches of fish right there.

no other fish would be in there just 2 molly and a platy and a swordtail

oh and just for algea and other bacteria and stuff you could maybe get 1 or 2 ottos good luck with the tank. oh and if you breed your fish send me some pics of the fry. please im a starter at breeding. thanks

oh I have molly fry 18 of them 4 big ones now almost 3 months and the others are about 5 weeks..I have 2 swordtail frys... 5 weeks old and 4 that are 1 day old. I also got 2 platy fry about 3 weeks old.........I have lots of fry, lol and my platy will be droping soon she is FAT, lol so is molly

oh and almost forgot you can add your baby fish fry (livebearer) to a community tank when they are about twice the size of when they are born. they are usually full grown at 3 or 4 months of age. but fancy guppies dont get their color till their atleast 6 weeks of age (not all fancy guppies but most). good luck.

thats what I did with the 1st batch of molly fry they were about 6 weeks old..now they are big, lol gonna be 3 months old.......my daughter is worried the male might start to breed with either the mom or sisters I think they are to young yet

hey motherspice can you please tell me where you got your dalmation mollies and how taking care of the fry is going? I wanted to get some but I cant find them and i know people on here have been saying there giving fry away but i ahvent gotten a response Im jsut curious where you got them how you got them to breed and waht your doing with teh fry now

well my son got my daughter the dalmation molly when I killed my tetra tank being dumb...and molly was pregnant so thats it we found 4 fry and no clue but they made it, and are 3/4 of an inch now....the new ones are about 5 weeks old.........taking care of them is going good I smash up the flake food and feed them 3 times a day, the bigger ones eat bigger flakes and have even ate brine shrimps and blood worms

hey motherspice can you please tell me where you got your dalmation mollies and how taking care of the fry is going? I wanted to get some but I cant find them and i know people on here have been saying there giving fry away but i ahvent gotten a response Im jsut curious where you got them how you got them to breed and waht your doing with teh fry now
there are some at my local walmart. oh and plus walmart will give you a 30 day garanty.

Back
Top Bottom