Can I keep an adult giant bumblebee catfish with an adult oscar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're usually looking at 2ft for Wideheads. Any catfish that isn't going to grow much over 2ft and requires similar water parameters as the giant gourami will probably be okay. I've tried to look on monsterfishkeepers several times since you started this thread to help find more info on giant G's to share with you as far as tank size and tank mate compatibility but the site has been down for days.

Thanks hensleyjk ya the sights be down for days I have no clue what happend just hope they can fix it soon so we can find out what tank size they need and how compatible they are with giant gouramis but I did find a video with a widehead catfish its called peacock bass and catfish by joeytheFishinGuy

They also talk about them on badmanstropical fish, seriously fish and theaquariumwiki.

Haha thanks for the heads up! I seen your thread on PFK by the way, hopefully they can give you some insight there too

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya I hope they can help I think the only real problem with this catfish is acquiring the catfish especially in the usa I have know clue how im going to acquire this catfish since its rare and rarely imported so thats going to be the really tough part.

Luckily there is a plethora of different catfish out there, and each one is cool in its own way

Ya but I really wanted a large african catfish like the wide head in the tank but how do you think I could acquire one?

Just curious not saying im going to buy one but I came across an albino wels catfish for sale and I just wanted to know how big they get in aquariums, what tank size you would need, what temps could you keep it at, and what tankmates could you have with it? Just wondering.

Also hensleyjk what would be some other cool large catfish options that could go with a giant gourami in a large tank?

They SELL wels catfish!? Jeez, some fish really ought to just be left in the wild... I wouldn't put one of those in an aquarium personally.

That list almost ready yet? Also ive been talking to aquarium stores and I think a couple can get in the clarotes laticeps the only one that I worry about is 6th avenue aquarium in san fransisco they said they can get it in but they cant guarantee the quality or its condition or something like that.

Sorry buddy. Been busy this week with my tanks and family. I'll make you one as soon as I get home. Expect something within an hour

Leiarius*pictus - marbled sailfin cat. Grows to 2ft.

Horabagrus*brachysoma - Sun cat/Eclipse cat. Grows to 18"

Clarotes*laticep - Widehead cat. Grows to 30"

Calophysus*macropterus*- vulture cat. Grows to 20"

Asterophysus*batrachus - Gulper cat. Grows to 1ft but cool fish

Sorubim*lima**- Lima shovelnose. Grows to 18-24"

Ameiurus*nebulosus - brown bullhead. Grows to 20"

Ameiurus*melas**- black bullhead. Grows to 2ft

Ameiurus*natalis - yellow bullhead/butter cat. Grows to 16-18"

Pimelodus*blochii*- Four lined Pim. Grows to 10"

And my favorite little cats! Pimelodus Pictus. Only grow to 5-6" but you can easily keep a small shoal of these guys. Super active and surprising little predators when they want to be. I keep two in my 55g, and would really like to add two more.

Back
Top Bottom