can i make this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see you are leaning towards the 55. You will be much better off not taking the chance in the 29. I keep my tank around 75 degrees, and it seems to work well.

I've been noticing Rams have become more readily available as of late. Just yesterday, the Petland Discounts near my house had beautiful Gold Rams available for 10 bucks each. Normally, big box stores would be avoided. But I'm lucky enough that I have a few that have knowledgable employees that actually take care of the department. You will see them near you soon enough.

Yeah I'm having great luck with my a Petland. I've bought all my fish there except my boesmanis. I ordered the rams through my petland actually. There are some mom and pop shops around but they have no guarantee on their fish. This makes me uneasy its like they don't stand being there product. My Petland gives me 30 days and since I know the manager and the employees because I am there so often they are always helpful and friendly.

That's great! It's great to have that option, especially now that they are starting to stock some more out of the ordinary stuff. I saw those nice gold rams yesterday and today I saw bristlenose plecos in Petsmart! First time I ever saw them there. They've also been stocking endlers.....not hybrids. I've been impressed lately, for sure. And get this.....I've even heard them giving good stock suggestions and sound advise. There is hope for that store yet!

Glad to hear you're going to get what you want from there AND get that guarantee!

That's great! It's great to have that option, especially now that they are starting to stock some more out of the ordinary stuff. I saw those nice gold rams yesterday and today I saw bristlenose plecos in Petsmart! First time I ever saw them there. They've also been stocking endlers.....not hybrids. I've been impressed lately, for sure. And get this.....I've even heard them giving good stock suggestions and sound advise. There is hope for that store yet!

Glad to hear you're going to get what you want from there AND get that guarantee!

Good news the rams should be at LFS either Wednesday or Thursday this week or Wednesday or Thursday next week at the absolute latest. I'll post pics when I get them.

I've decided to raise my temp up to 78-79. Does this sound right?

Awesome! Keep us posted and get us pics when they are settled in. Here's a pic of my GBR to get you more excited.....as if you need it! hahaha

image-2880401540.jpg

Awesome! Keep us posted and get us pics when they are settled in. Here's a pic of my GBR to get you more excited.....as if you need it! hahaha

Okay spring break is starting to get better. Completed half of an awsi course and only have two more days in the pool to go woohoo. The even better news is that my gbrs are at my LFS. I will be picking them up tomorrow. Sadly a few days ago I noticed a few splits in the fins of my rainbow and a few in my black skirts fins. I really hope this isn't fin rot. I will try to do a water change tomorrow. Can gbrs be in the bag for an extra half hour for me to have time to do a PWC before I add them? They will be in the bag for 2-3 hours total. Is this okay?

Should be fine. After all, people ship these guys and they are in a bag for 2 days sometimes. After you do that water change, make sure you acclimate that fish properly. I've taken my time with acclimating, up to 7 or 8 hours at times. You do know what acclimating is, right?

Should be fine. After all, people ship these guys and they are in a bag for 2 days sometimes. After you do that water change, make sure you acclimate that fish properly. I've taken my time with acclimating, up to 7 or 8 hours at times. You do know what acclimating is, right?

Yeah thanks.

Back
Top Bottom