Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Can I move my Fish outside ?

I have some Gold Fish and some Kuhli Loaches, and some Cat Fish. Could I move them outside or would it be too cold . Right now it is between 45 and 55 were I live on average.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

It would be too cold. The goldfish could live ioutside but you need to wait till the warmer seasons to start them out then they can survive the winter.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

45 celsius maybe. You'll be able to put them in in the summer, but the catfish and kuhlis will have to come back inside for winter. Good luck catching the kuhlis in the pond haha
Keep in mind, some aquarium fish have been bred in captivity for so many generations, they will struggle in outdoor waters where temperature goes up and down day and night.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you for the help. I guess I would keep them inside. I was just adding a turtle to my family and I did not want them to get eaten .

Tags
move

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« ID please | sand »