Can I put a Phecosumus (sucker fish algae eater) in a 10 gallon with a male betta ? O

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RastaSloth333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys just wondering if I can put a algae eater in with my wife’s male betta fish because we have unbelievable amounts of algae too the point of it making a sluge looking growth and we can’t get rid of it would putting a pleca work or would he kill it? Any thoughts [emoji189]???

You mean plecostomus. No its not recommended to put them in that small of a tank as most grow to very large sizes. There are some small pleco species that could work for a little while but you will probably still need to move it to a bigger tank in the future. If you are talking a common pleco then its a flat out no. The algae is possibly due to your lighting. More info on the tank might help us to figure out what's going on. Pictures also help.

You mean plecostomus. No its not recommended to put them in that small of a tank as most grow to very large sizes. There are some small pleco species that could work for a little while but you will probably still need to move it to a bigger tank in the future. If you are talking a common pleco then its a flat out no. The algae is possibly due to your lighting. More info on the tank might help us to figure out what's going on. Pictures also help.

Here is some pictures for a better view
Screenshot_20171003-211745.jpg

Back
Top Bottom