can I put other big fish with gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dannyweir

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone know if I can put other big fish in with my gouramis al upload a pic of them

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130128_142539.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_142539.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 53
  • ForumRunner_20130128_142602.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_142602.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20130128_142651.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130128_142651.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 65
What size is the tank, and how many gouramis and other fish do you have in there? I see some plants - how densely planted are you? (By that, I mean how much floor space of the tank in a percentage number?)

The blue one looks like Trichogaster trichopterus, an opaline, to me, which can get up to 5" long, at a minimum. I don't know if your gold one is the same, but if so, you already have 2 fish that I wouldn't put in anything but a highly aquascaped (plants and rocks) tank of at least 30 gallons.

Males can be very aggressive. Most of the textbooks and websites say they will be aggressive toward other males of their species, but they can show aggression toward females also.

I have a gold gourami and a dwaf with other fish but they are all around the same size or smaller. I did have 1 gold gourami that was agressive that i moved on but the others i now have a peaceful tank!

I have 2 gouramis the gold one is a dwarf and I have 3 rainbow sharks 2 mollys 1 platy 4 neon tetras 3 kribs and a catfish my tank size is 3 and a half feet by 1and a half feet not sure how much gallons al upload a pic of it theres quiet alot of ground space

I have 2 gouramis the gold one is a dwarf and I have 3 rainbow sharks 2 mollys 1 platy 4 neon tetras 3 kribs and a catfish my tank size is 3 and a half feet by 1and a half feet not sure how much gallons al upload a pic of it theres quiet alot of ground space

This is going to sound tedious, but there are more questions...

You know those rainbow sharks, who are really cute and all that when they are little, are not really sharks at all, can grow up to about 7", and will eat each other before starting in on the other fish? You may as well wave bye-bye to your neons, because they will be snacks.

What kind of catfish? (Please don't say a pictus.)

IMO, you need to decrease your open water space to about 25% of the footprint of the tank with more rocks and plants. Everyone is going to need a place to run and hide shortly with those rainbow sharks.

Until you do that, I personally would not add any more fish, and I'd be looking for other homes for those rainbow sharks.

Thanks the catfish is a plec am gona get rid of sharks the man in the shop said 3 would be ok in tank but av googled them and most ppl say only have one in tank but am just gona give them to a friend

Lotsa more plants and rock work, IMO. You might want to float some easy stem plants on the top also.

Back
Top Bottom