Can I sell beneficial bacteria?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Like online and such. Can I create my own bacteria and media and ship it online to people? How do I exactly create it without losing my filter? Could I sell my substrate that have bacteria in it? Would I get profit from the original cost of substrate?

If you had the option of culturing your own beneficial bacteria, or buying it from someone else, would you spend money on something that you could make yourself?

There are already people selling sponge filters and media that's "pre-cycled", but there is no reason you can't as well. I'm not sure there's any profit to be made, but maybe worth a try on Craigslist.

I would use actual media like Biomax or sponge filters personally, I would not pay for some nasty gravel. At least with the media or sponge filters they're both useful afterwards.

Sponge Filters for aquariums

Last edited:
You could, but I don't think too many people would buy it if they could just go to their lfs and get some Tetra SafeStart or a seeded filter pad without having to pay shipping.

Yes it may not be worth it thank you for the brands though

HUKIT said:
There are already people selling sponge filters and media that's "pre-cycled", but there is no reason you can't as well.

I would use actual media like Biomax or sponge filters personally, I would not pay for some nasty gravel. At least with the media or sponge filters they're both useful afterwards.

Sponge Filters for aquariums

Thank you you helped a lot

Back
Top Bottom