Can I some more fishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Orca2013

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 25g tank and this fishes in it:

7 Paracheirodon innesi
4 Corydoras venezuela black
2 Xiphophorus helleri lira
2 Crossocheilus siamensis Siamese algae eater
2 Trichogaster leeri
4 Otocinclus affinis

Now I dont want overstocked tank but would like to add some more fishes under 5cm size :)

So, can I add more and how many u think i should?

I have 25g tank and this fishes in it:

7 Paracheirodon innesi
4 Corydoras venezuela black
2 Xiphophorus helleri lira
2 Crossocheilus siamensis Siamese algae eater
2 Trichogaster leeri
4 Otocinclus affinis

Now I dont want overstocked tank but would like to add some more fishes under 5cm size :)

So, can I add more and how many u think i should?

When I was stocking my tank I was recommend to use AqAdvisor. It's a really good site than tells you about stocking. Just input your tank details and the fish you have it will give you a stocking % :)

I don't think can add more fish:(
+1 to.AqAdvisor. I think you should check there for tank stock.

I've read the algae eaters get very big. I haven't even gotten one for my 55 because they get so big.

+1 on the AqAdvisor. It gets better all the time.

I will replace Siamic algae eaters with amano shrimps

Hello Orca...

Provided the adult versions of the fish you have are small, you can definitely add a few more small fish. However, if you do, you can never become what I call a "Water Change Slacker". You'll have to commit to an aggressive water change routine. Changes of at least half the tank water weekly will be a must. If there's the slightest doubt you can commit to such a routine, then there "is" no doubt and you'd best stay with the number you have.

B

Hello Orca...

Provided the adult versions of the fish you have are small, you can definitely add a few more small fish. However, if you do, you can never become what I call a "Water Change Slacker". You'll have to commit to an aggressive water change routine. Changes of at least half the tank water weekly will be a must. If there's the slightest doubt you can commit to such a routine, then there "is" no doubt and you'd best stay with the number you have.

B

I allrady change of 30% tank water weekly so its easy to go 50%

But, my tank is heavy planted and I cant syphon gravel. Does this change the plan?

IMO your tank is stocked. I do 50% WC's in all my tanks regardless of stock. While plants do use ammonia and nitrates from fish waste the amount they use depends a lot on the type of plants you have. Fast growing plants like water sprite and wisteria, along with fast growing stem plants use higher amounts of the above than low light slow growing plants such as anubia, java ferns, and bolbitus. So while all plants help some how much depends on the types used and the amount in the tank. Also the amount of substrate planted dictates how lightly or heavily a tank is planted.

Hello again Orca...

I'm definitely in walk's camp on this issue. I have heavily planted and well stocked tanks and don't vacuum the substrate. The old fish and plant material that falls to the bottom is very good for your plants. As that material dissolves, the nutrients feed the plants. So, I don't need to use commercial fertilizers.

In a heavily planted and well stocked tank you'll have an excess of these nutrients. They'll need to be removed through large, frequent water changes or the build up could cause water chemistry problems. I change out a lot of water and regularly, so testing the water chemistry isn't needed either. The properties are always safe for the fish and plants too.

I do my job as the "Waterkeeper" and let the fish and plants do theirs. The system has worked well for a long time.

B

Hello again Orca...

I'm definitely in walk's camp on this issue. I have heavily planted and well stocked tanks and don't vacuum the substrate. The old fish and plant material that falls to the bottom is very good for your plants. As that material dissolves, the nutrients feed the plants. So, I don't need to use commercial fertilizers.

In a heavily planted and well stocked tank you'll have an excess of these nutrients. They'll need to be removed through large, frequent water changes or the build up could cause water chemistry problems. I change out a lot of water and regularly, so testing the water chemistry isn't needed either. The properties are always safe for the fish and plants too.

I do my job as the "Waterkeeper" and let the fish and plants do theirs. The system has worked well for a long time.

B

Tnx:thanks:
Would it be any good if i replace my 600l/h pump with 1200l/h . I have very good dIY filter

Back
Top Bottom