Can i use highland soring water in my fish tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can I use 'highland spring water' in my fish tank? I think it contains minerals and minerals are good for fish and plants so can I use it or if not then you recommend any other brands of water that I can use.

Banana mouse said:
Can I use 'highland spring water' in my fish tank? I think it contains minerals and minerals are good for fish and plants so can I use it or if not then you recommend any other brands of water that I can use.

Boy your on a role today with questions lol :)
Why's wrong with your tap water? Imo its probably better. Most bottled water is filtered to the point there is nothing in it and you'll have to add minerals, salt and etc. Back in imo

Yeah iv been in for the last 4 days doing nothing so iv just thought of loads of questions :p
There absolutely nothing wrong with it I just simply want to put extra minerals in the tank.
What's 'imo'?

In my opinion is imo
You can by trace elements to add in at your lfs if ya wanted too, plus they sell stuff for live plants you may want to take a look at to if you don't already use

Ah thank you I'm stupid I didn't know that lol.
Do you know any bottled water that does contain a lot of good minerals?
I didn't know you could add minerals yourself, could you also recommend some brands to me?

Boy your on a role today with questions lol :)
Why's wrong with your tap water? Imo its probably better. Most bottled water is filtered to the point there is nothing in it and you'll have to add minerals, salt and etc. Back in imo

If it's RO/DI water then this is the case, but a lot of bottled "spring water" is just bottled tap water.

I'd suggest sticking to dechlorinated tap water unless something is horribly wrong with your water supply.

severum mama said:
If it's RO/DI water then this is the case, but a lot of bottled "spring water" is just bottled tap water.

I'd suggest sticking to dechlorinated tap water unless something is horribly wrong with your water supply.

Agreed :)

Okay, I guess I shouldn't fix what isn't broken. Thank you any way

+1 severum mamma. Alot of bottled water will have a picture of mountain streams or a glacier on it but if you look at the fine print it'll say something like: Bottled in New Jersey.
New Jersey?!!! Lol

if it's real spring water from a real spring they must list a "source" on the label, the source being the spring the water came from

Back
Top Bottom