Can i use nail varnish remover to remove glu from my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
I took the background off my tank and there is still a little glue left on the glass, I went to the shops and they don't have any glue remover but they said I can use nail varnish remover, can I do that? The tanks empty and it won't be filled up for a week.

If it is acrylic no. If it is glass you might try a razor to clean it up.
I wouldn't use any chemical unless it is on the out side of the glass and even then you have to be really careful to make sure none gets inside the tank.

I agree with you, my mum says I can and some gut a a fish shop says I can. I'll try a razor then

Be very careful about the advice taken from fish shops, some of them know what they are talking about and sum just tell you rubbish.

Yeah when it's something like this I like to get 2 or more opinions. The glue I used is safe for fish what if I use there glue remove it says it's safe for fish as well. The razor doesn't seem to work :/

If the brand of remover says it is safe for fish you should be ok using it but still be very careful not to get it inside the tank.

Okay so after 6 hours of using the stuff iv got it all off :) thank you
I just need to cycle it again!

I kinda do I just need to chose the decorations etc.
Thank you for your help

Back
Top Bottom