Can Koi Angelfish live with fancies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mpheng

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone. So I recently transitioned my 40 gallon to a 100 gallon tank and I think it's time for stocking. I was hit with the recommendation from the shopkeeper in the aquarium to add 2 Koi Angelfish and said they were perfectly compatible. I currently have 7 fancies in my tank about 3.5'' long.

Umm all i know is that when i added a fancy goldfish to my 40 gallon tank with a kio angelfish te next morning only the guppys head was left!

Normally goldfish don't mix with any kind of tropical fish especially ones such as angelfish. Goldfish prefer cooler temperatures while angelfish (being tropical fish) prefer warmer temperatures. Although you probably could pull it off (depending on the water temp), I wouldn't recommend it because you're pretty much stocked as is.

The angels do not belong with the fancies. They have different requirements for temperature, diet and environment. You should be striving for optimum conditions for the fish you take responsibility for. I honestly would not put anymore fish in this tank, not even another fancy. :)

Besides incompatible requirements, angelfish (being semi-aggressive type) are big nippers, and will be especially dangerous with peaceful fancies with their long fins.

Besides incompatible requirements, angelfish (being semi-aggressive type) are big nippers, and will be especially dangerous with peaceful fancies with their long fins.

This. Really can't mix these two species without expecting a number of issues.

Back
Top Bottom