Can multiple species of corydoras be housed together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I thought it might be unique to get lots of different corydoras for my 125 just 2 or 3 of each kind here and there. Any objections? I understand emeralds get quite large.. Would that be a problem?

I don't see a problem with it. Although they do like to have company from the same type of cory and school in 6+ groups of the same kind, they sometimes will all school together

Nope, no problem. Emeralds can get up to 4" long but in a 125 that shouldn't be a problem. As jennamckay said they all like to school in groups of five to six or more.

Corydoras

I thought it might be unique to get lots of different corydoras for my 125 just 2 or 3 of each kind here and there. Any objections? I understand emeralds get quite large.. Would that be a problem?

Hello Kid...

Corydoras of the same species do best in a shoal of 6 or more. You can have several species together in a larger tank too. My Emeralds are several years old and the largest female is a bit more than 2.5 inches. They're in a 55 gallon tank. The Emeralds are in the tank with Bronzes of the same size. Don't believe they get much larger.

B

I have bronze, peppered and sterba, the sterba keep to themselves. But the bronze and peppered stick with each other, sometimes hanging out with the sterba. The bronze are definitely the more sociable ones though.

Back
Top Bottom