Can one guppy live in a mini tank temporarily?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ohhhh I see, so that I don't make a mistake, are we not supposed to use brand names? Just use the generic? Like metronidazole instead of flagyl?

I was just being sarcastic, I'm pretty sure as long as your not bashing or over selling the name it's ok..

Blaze died in his new home last night. we will continue to run this tank and cycle it for a hospital tank.

Rip poor beautiful blaze. Sorry I wasn't more prepared for you.

Sorry about your fish.

Just a note, many times I have set up a 5 gal hospital tank in a plastic bin without cycling first. One guppy is so small the ammonia stays minimal with frequent water changes and my fish get better. I personally don't want a tank taking up space that has to be maintained unless it has fish in it. Everyone is different in what works best for them, though.

That is a great point! Thank you. Did you have an air stone or a filter for your temporary infirmary? Or just do water changes daily?

I also hate to have the tank empty. Now that I had an unexpected population boom in fry we are conserving turning the hospital tank in to a fry tank. The ghost shrimp and danios all had eggs hatch the last few days. My 30g is full of babies.

Back
Top Bottom