Can some one tell me, please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sharz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I seem to be getting a lot of advice that seems to be contadicting.

Are Angel Fish and Gourami's peaceful fish.

The LFS said it would be fine to add a couple of angels to my tank.
Ive currently got, 2 angels, 1 gourmami, 10 neons, 3 rummy nose tetras, 2 corys, two platys, 1 sword tail and 1 bristle nose.

Ive noticed in the last day or so, the Gourami seems to be picking on the two angels... :confused:

Some people are telling me that Angels are aggressive fish and will eat the neons, but they seem to be the ones getting picked on.

My tank is 31g. Have I over stocked my tank, and is this likely to be a terratorial thing? Is it likely to settle down over time, or should I find a new home for the bully?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Never kept either species, but ive seen a few people not recommend keeping angels with neon tetras. Ive also read that angels can become aggresive if they are breeding. Need someone else to back this up here

I had 2 angels in a tank and they were fine for over a year then I ended up separating them. Gourami are a very territorial fish usually with just their own kind but there is always exceptions. Your angels might make a snack out of your neons. I know your cories, platy, sword and bristlenose are all safe but I don't know about your rummy noses.

i heard that when angels get big enough they will eat neon tetras
i noticed that fish will eat anything if it fits in their mouths
my dwarf gourami does fine with the school of neon tetras i have

I have a 2 honey gouramis and one assorted angelfish in my tank with other fishes like swordtails and they are peacefull with each other....

the only aggressions I see is when my red tail shark messes around with my ghost knife but no injuries intended... just a fun chase?

and my fat Tux. female Swordtail chasing the other swordtails... it musta
gotten male genes... but I don't think they are arguing...

red tail sharks are aggressive as they get older its only going to get worse for the GK and other fish.

Back
Top Bottom