Can someone explain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tianna8999

Aquarium Advice Regular
Facetune.jpg

I came home after a 10 hour shift and i see this. It wasn’t here before. I seen small ones before and removed them. Where did it come from?

Have you recently added anything to your tank (plants)? Malaysian trumpets snails are quite proliferative. Fortunately they are easy to see against the white sand.
MTS are great for sifting through sand.

They are very prolific little booger’s. If they get out of hand Assassin snails are cool too!

Have you recently added anything to your tank (plants)? Malaysian trumpets snails are quite proliferative. Fortunately they are easy to see against the white sand.
MTS are great for sifting through sand.

Yes I added some moss and plants from a pet store aquarium. Should i remove them when I see them?

I would let them be at this point. You do want to be prepared to control population at some point.

get a pea puffer and start manually pulling larger ones. these things come from no where. I just saw ramshorn snails in my 5g beta tank. I havent added anything but a frog in there in forever. All the plants are from my other tanks that have no ramshorns. Sometimes I think these things just burglar their way through a window and into our tanks at night

Could be? I just thought I saw a snail. Any plants you receive will probably have some.

View attachment 310602

I came home after a 10 hour shift and i see this. It wasn’t here before. I seen small ones before and removed them. Where did it come from?

They borrow in the Substrate once they get in there it’s hard to get rid of them. Your best bet is to remove em as you see em. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom