can someone please identify my cories.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
the ones that look like mine are

Corydoras amandajanea (1)
Corydoras blochi
Corydoras ambiacus (4)
Corydoras brevirostris (8)
Corydoras delphax (2)
Corydoras condiscipulus (7)
Corydoras crimmeni (4)
Corydoras crypticus (3)
Corydoras delphax (4)
Corydoras kronei (2)
Corydoras leucomelas (7)
Corydoras osteocarus (3)

f98e99e7.jpg.thumb.jpg

f9904c9d.jpg.thumb.jpg

f98e9c94.jpg.thumb.jpg

Krap, those pics are really very small. Can you get us larger pics?

I'm not a cory expert, so I don't think I'd be able to help, but bigger pictures would help others. Do you have just one species, or are these three separate species w/ similar markings?

alla the probabilities are from the catelog thingy. they all look alike. a couple are a lil lighter colored though.

ill try.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid104/pe04e90f8fe1f219be4eca936309004ed/f9904c9d.jpg

theres one. the others turn out they were all about thinking my cories were pregnent. but that was a long time ago. ill just take new ones :)

their uploading.

sry their kinda blurry. most are cloudy because it was awhile ago when i took those pics and my water was cloudy then. and now i just took all the plants, driftwood, etc. out and cleaned and theres all this junk in the water.

I did a google image search on the cory species you listed and most of them were giving me the same pictures of the same species. Although i'm not sure the correct name, they're definately the same ones you have.

Hard to tell from your pictures but looks like Corydoras delphax, also known as the False blochi cory.

How about the Black Sail Cory (Corydoras melanistius) ? That's what I've got, and these look much like mine.

It's a melanistus cory cat. I have the same kind. I'm looking at the first picture you posted at the top.

Here's a link w/ a picture: http://filaman.uni-kiel.de/Summary/SpeciesSummary.cfm?genusname=Corydoras&speciesname=melanistius

They tend to like to be in groups of 4-5 as well. Some info I got when I got mine and had no idea what he was was this:
A bronze colored fish with black spots covering the body, raccoon strips covering the eyes and radiating backwards like an upside-down "V" over the face to meet at the dorsal fin, which is also black.

Cory's are South American bottom feeding, Diurnal catfish. Although there are some species and subspecies differences, in general they get to be about 1"--3" long.

Tank Temp should be about 75-82 degrees F

Mine and the person who gave me that information are in warmer water on the higher side of that and are happy though. Hope that's the right kind of fish and that helps. :D

yeah looks alot like it. maybe some of em are. i dont even know that they are the same species. from memory (i forget alot) i dont think they have long noses. im gonna look at em then study for finals. then ill tell ya tomorrow if they have long noses

yeah maybe i have alla em 8P i had 4 pandas and infected my tank with popeye. i lost like 5 fish from it

Back
Top Bottom