Can someone shed some light on my problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftysav said:
How can you get the nitrate down in your tank though if your tap has 20ppm!?! My tap has been great up til about 2 weeks ago and now it's crap...

Are you asking for yourself? Or did the OP say this too? I skimmed back through and didn't see where he said he had nitrates in his tap. I could have missed it though.

Leftysav said:
I'm asking for myself....new problem I just ran into

For future reference please don't hijack someone elses thread..

But.. I don't think 20ppm is going to kill you unless you keep really sensitive fish. You can combat it within your tank by heavily planting fast growing plants known for sucking up nitrates ie: anacharis, hornwort. Im sure threre are others but I'm not a plant expert by far, so that's all that really comes to my head. But all plants will help. There are other factors that decipher what plants you can keep (lighting). I suggest starting your own thread where more people are likely to help you.

Goodluck!

Not to hard to rehome the pleco. Just have to move all my decor out of the tank as 16 scrambling fish are bound to get hurt and run into stuff trying to catch it.

I have a friend that has a large tank that said he would be willing to take him.

Ha I donno though Ive had him a long time!

Back
Top Bottom