Can these fish go together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KidFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 125 gallon planted looking at these fish:
2-4 angles
5-10 cory's
8-10 rainbows (of varying species)
Maybe some shrimp
Maybe a loach
Maybe some snails

Any other suggestions?:)

With angelfish go after my cory's?

Off topic but can fiddler crabs be houses with fish? My brother has a tank and wants some fiddler crabs.

You could have more angels more Cory cats, and more rainbow fish. In a 125 you have quite a bit of room to work with.

What type of rainbows are you going to get? I know some are really active, may stress the angels out.

Sounds like a great tank! I agree with scottyhorse that you could definitely do a larger school if rainbows and corys though. It'll be beautiful!
The loach is the only thing that makes a red flag go up in my mind though. Most loaches are social fish and need to be in a group of at least 5 or so. Many of them (like yoyos) can be aggressive and nippy (mine even killed a bunch of my tetras), and some (like clowns) can grow 2 feet long. And I think you may have issues with them out competing corys for food.

Ahh okay:) i like loaches but cory's sound more appealing. It looks to be as if im trying to create a community/semi aggressive tank:)
Any other suggestions? What about shrimp can i house them)

I think any dwarf shrimp would be eaten by the angels and probably the rainbows too. I put my RCS culls in my tank with my angel (it's planted) hoping that maybe they'll breed. But my angel somehow finds every last one, no matter how well they hide!
You might be able to do some amano shrimp though because they get bigger. And maybe some bamboo shrimp if your flow is strong enough and after your tank is very established.

I would not do the shrimp and in a 125 you could have lots of those fish haha. I would do a stock of

2- Angelfish
20- Panda Cory's
2- Bristlenose Plecos
10- Rainbowfish
10- Harlequin Rasboras
I would do a sand bottom to just my input it will benefit the barbels. You could put in a few loaches to why not
5- Zebra Loaches

There probably still is room in your tank after that to.

I do love rainbow fish, I like all different varieties but something that will stay under 5-6" for sure. From what I understand the Angels will do alright as long as there is lots of plants, which I have just ordered!
I currently have dirt and gravel, should I put sand over top of that? I really have contemplated it, as I barely have enough substrate right now anyways, when i plant i can just plant beneath the sand and everything will grow?:)

Fiddler crabs like their water a little salty, and need rock or something to be able to climb out of the water.

Back
Top Bottom