Can We Talk About Feeding Multiple Varieties of Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twoapennything

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've been thinking about how best to feed my fish and frogs. I have a wide variety of fish species in my tank and I want to make sure they all get proper nutrition. Now, I won't be able to do live feedings or frozen food feedings on a daily basis, so I'm talking flakes, dry food, and treats and supplements.

I've been using NutraFin Max livebearer flakes, which has freeze-dried tubifex worms. I have a good number of mollies, platies, and guppies, so that probably works fine for them. But I also have tetras, barbs, gouramis, a goldfish, an angelfish, cories, and African dwarf frogs.

I bought a container of NutraFin Max tropical fish flakes today, thinking that maybe I could feed both kinds of food instead of just the food for the livebearers. I toss in algae rounds a few times per week and I feed ReptoTreat twice per week, for the frogs. I also give them freeze-dried shrimp and bloodworms, as well as fresh peas. They seem to be healthy on this diet, and I do take care to not overfeed. Is it harmful to use multiple kinds of food?

What do you feed your fish, when there's a wide range of fish in the tank?

For my fish that can't have flakes, I use a dog/cat meds doser, put the food in it, and put it right next to his face. The other fish, I use micro pellets and algae wafers.

no its a great idea not to feed the same thing over and over. feeding several foods helps make sure they get the needed nutrition. i rote with my fish 2-3 different flake foods at a time with 2-3 sinking foods too. i also feed veggies fruits and frozen foods. i get all my food from kens fish and soon he will start having frozen foods too. one stop shopping with all kinds of food that fits their need.

i feed flakes, peas, small occasional peices of sandwich meat(turkey or chicken) oranges sometimes, earthworms, pill bugs, broccoli and anythiings else that they might like. provided of course that its safe and natural for them to eat. not all of the fish eat everything on the mentioned menu (except for the all devouring crayfish) but they all get a variety of food.

i feed flakes salmon shrimp blood worms swordfish tubeflex worms and romaine lettuce

Back
Top Bottom