can you help identify my fish ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MayaKazumi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have this fish and i searched the web, to know which kind is it, i think its a gourami fish but which gourami ??

here is my fish in the attachment

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 102
To me it looks like a blue or thick lipped gourami. It looks pretty pale, so maybe it will be easier to tell what it is when it colors up. I think maybe it is a pearl gourami, but it is really hard to tell.

i dont think blue gourami's get that pale...ever lol, could you tell us how big it is currently?

thank you so much for replaying back to me

maxwell, do you think its gonna color ?? does that mean its not the original color coz i have another 3 gourami i think too but different color , i mean darker i will upload some photos right away now.
by the way when i bought this one they gave me a pair of male and female so i don't know if this one is a female and thats why its color is different from the other one ..

joker, i don't know how to tell you its size ..
but its like 2 inches tall ..

sorry i'm still a beginner in this so i don't know a lot of things about aquarium

the photos of the rest of my fish

here is the other dark color gourami :

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 88
  • DSCN5386.jpg
    DSCN5386.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 76
thank you kainen for replaying but may i ask if you are sure its a white gourami ?
i was thinking it might be a pearl gourami just like maxwellag said ..

as you all see the 2 photos are for my 3 other gourami and the fourth one is the first one i upload i mean the white one

Almost positive it's a white gourami pearl gouramis have very different coloration and even if they were pale would still have the black marks.

It is definitely a variant of Trichogaster trichopterus, and not a pearl gourami (T. Leeri).

Severum mamma is correct, it's a colour variety of Trichogaster trichopterus. I've usually seen this form sold under the name "platinum gourami". Names for other forms of this species include gold, blue, three-spot, opaline, and cosby.

Tony

Quick update on the name. I see that the genus name for this species and its near relatives has been changed to Trichopodus. The species formerly placed in the genus Colisa are now in Trichogaster. I was aware that there was a problem with the generic names for these two genera, but wasn't aware that anything had been published yet on it. Good to know.

Tony

thank you severum mamma and tony for these info but what about the other 2 pictures of my fish ?

i have a new problem in one of my catfish or shark fish as i was told .. it seems to be staying on the surface since 2 days now and i can see red lines and red spots inside its body all over also an obvious red mark in its face, it is no longer moving as it used to be i mean it became so slow !!
what can i do to help my poor fish ???:(:(

and this is a photo of her

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom