Can you identify this fixture.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm bought this aquarium fixture off of craigslist and I have no idea what brand it is. It's 48" has three switches, 3 electrical cords, 8 LEDs, 4 t5 ho bulbs. I'm thinking the sticker with the brand must of fallen off. Anyone know what this fixture is? I'm posting pics rn.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's a sw setup, unless you're running co2? Use only the 2 10k bulbs, even better replace them with 6700k new tubes, you can use the Actnic for aesthetics but they won't do much for plants

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Okay thanks, once I get money I will replace some of the bulbs. Have any recommendations for a t5 ho brand?

For bulbs? I think giesmann is the go to?? I've not used t5ho before. you can grow the crap out of a lot of plants with that rig;)

That's what I'm hoping for. I was just about to buy the planted + but then I found this fixture for a fourth of the price. I'll need to replace some bulbs tho. What's your opinion on Eco complete? Worth the money?

It's a sw setup, unless you're running co2? Use only the 2 10k bulbs, even better replace them with 6700k new tubes, you can use the Actnic for aesthetics but they won't do much for plants

I'm running 2 x 10,000k bulbs on my fixture, is that too much? I've got 30 gal standard tank.

That's what I'm hoping for. I was just about to buy the planted + but then I found this fixture for a fourth of the price. I'll need to replace some bulbs tho. What's your opinion on Eco complete? Worth the money?

Yah, if you're wanting a proper high tech tank get the Eco.

I'm running 2 x 10,000k bulbs on my fixture, is that too much? I've got 30 gal standard tank.

Depends on how you're supplementing the lignt? Ferts? Glut? You can start a thread and we can talk it out??

Okay, thanks sorry for all the questions, but how many pounds of gravel do you recommend for a 55g?

I'd shoot for 3" of substrate, maybe even more in a talll tank. You could always cap 2" of Eco with cheaper stuff like pfs or bdbs

I really do not like the look of different layer colors of gravel. I haven't been able to find bdbs. So I'll probably just have to buy all Eco.

Yah, i wouldn't run 4 yet, you can buy them all and swap them around to see which combo you like best??

Home Depot and lowes in the states sell 6500k 48" at a fraction of what you'd pay in a pet store.
Not sure if they have T5 but I get my 48" T8's 6500k for around $9 a pack of two.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think that's one of those things that you pay for what you get.

Home Depot and lowes in the states sell 6500k 48" at a fraction of what you'd pay in a pet store.
Not sure if they have T5 but I get my 48" T8's 6500k for around $9 a pack of two.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
They do sell t5ho but not sure if they're the right spectrum or size??

I figured out the brand of the fixture. It's a Coralife Lunar Aqualight HO T5 Aquarium Light Fixture. Like a $300 light. Not too shabby.

They do sell t5ho but not sure if they're the right spectrum or size??

I've seen T5 HO bulbs at HD/Lowes but I cannot remember what the spectrum was. 6700K would be great at that price.
Keep in mind you might be buying new bulbs each year.

Back
Top Bottom