Can you mix Plecos with Puffer fishes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot, I have 2 rubber plecos too. I bet if I found them all, there'd be around 20 all together.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I just found this pic of an adonis pleco
post-33-1066847140.jpg

8O 8O 8O 8O 8O Definitley a tank buster!

do you have a backyward pool?! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: you can put him in there.

Hey pufferpunk how many SA puffers should i put in my 50gal tank? If i buy 3 or 4 they won't kill each other right?

I just showed my fiancé the adonis pleco pic. I wondered if they put it back in the water, he wondered if it was ‘good eats’…It must be time for dinner!

Got a picture of the blue-spot plec? I'd love to see it! Couldn't find a picture in your gallery.

Hey, I noticed this post a while back and my question is similar so I didn't want to start a new thread. Here is my question-

I would like to buy two puffers (maybe figure 8's, SA or spotted) for my 29 gal tank. Right now, the tank is home to my 6-7in spotted sail-finned pleco (which will be put in my 75gal once its up and running). Is it okay to go ahead and get the puffers while the pleco is there? or should I wait?

Also, once the pleco is out it will be a strictly puffer tank... do you think I should have 2 or three puffers? Is there anything else that can go in there?
I've done a good amount of reading but that was a while back and now all my info is mixed up. I remember someone saying I could add tiger barbs but I can't remember if someone at the LFS told me that or if I read it somewhere.. so pleeeeeease correct me if im wrong :?

2 out of the 3 puffers you mentioned are BW fish--F8 & GSP. Your pleco won't like the salt. SAPs would be fine with him. Also, the GSP grow to 6" & there would only be room for 1 adult in a 29g.

Back
Top Bottom