Can you Reccomend a Tetra for this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_Crazy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am trading in my buenos Aires Tetras tomorrow. I want to replace them with a small active tetra. I will be adding Tiger Barbs to this tank so they would need to be active Tetras. Any ideas? maybe something other than a tetra would work also. Tank details in my sig.

Silver tip tetras are pretty active tetras. Congo tetras are pretty and they get about 4" so would be compatible with the 3" tiger barbs...but how big is this tank? If it's the 29...the barbs wouldn't work out eventually. Neither would the congos because of size and definitely would be problems later with the gouramis. They get big too and gouramis, like tiger barbs are semi aggressive fish and demand their space...particularly with their own kind, but not limited to.

Other nice tertras are the emperor tetras, diamond tetras, black phantom tetras, and bleeding hearts. These tetras don't school as tightly as many other tetras and instead hang out loosely amongst each other forming pairs. The silver tip tetras are as active as danios and form tight schools.

if you can find pencilfish those are pretty cool. im not sure if their really tetras, but at some places their called "pencil tetras"??

Back
Top Bottom