Candy Cane tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roxane1232

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyoneelse just have that dominant male tetra who bosses all the other tetras in the school.
https://youtu.be/2pjVtPWx9CA

Attachments

• 20181216_115519.jpg
    20181216_115519.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 110
Your Tetras

Anyoneelse just have that dominant male tetra who bosses all the other tetras in the school.
https://youtu.be/2pjVtPWx9CA

Hello Rox...

I keep a lot of Tetras and the best means of controlling aggressive fish is to keep them in a large, heavily planted tank. The Tetras will school for a short time. As soon as they understand they aren't under attack, they'll stop schooling and swim on their own. If you have a large tank, I keep mine in 55 gallon tanks, they'll basically disappear into the plants and the aggressor will lose interest in trying to keep them together. He'll give up and swim on his own too.

B

Rox...

This size tank is fine. Plant the tank well with some floating plants like Water lettuce, Pennywort, Water sprite and add a piece of floating driftwood. I got pieces from the local river areas. I attached Java fern to the wood with long strands of cotton sewing thread. Use black thread, it kind of blends in with the wood. The cotton thread will eventually dissolve in the tank water. By then, the roots of the fern will be established in the crevices of the wood. All these things will make good hiding places for a bullied fish and make all the fish more comfortable in the tank.

B

I have a 45 gallon tank.
Rox...

This size tank is fine. Plant the tank well with some floating plants like Water lettuce, Pennywort, Water sprite and add a piece of floating driftwood. I got pieces from the local river areas. I attached Java fern to the wood with long strands of cotton sewing thread. Use black thread, it kind of blends in with the wood. The cotton thread will eventually dissolve in the tank water. By then, the roots of the fern will be established in the crevices of the wood. All these things will make good hiding places for a bullied fish and make all the fish more comfortable in the tank.

B

So far Ive got Water Sprite, Jungle Val, ludwiga, Anubias, an amazon sword, and java fern..Also plan on adding water lettuce too.

Back
Top Bottom