Candycane tetras (bentos tetras)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikey214

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I purchased four candy cane tetras last week and wanted to go back to pick up a couple more and he doesn't have any left . . . I also checked all the local fish stores and I can't seem to find them anywhere . . . What can I do where can I purchase them ? :thinking:

I have Hyphessobrycon bentosi for sale if you don't mind to have them shipped. I've got plenty available. PM if interested, thanks. :)

severum mama said:
I have Hyphessobrycon bentosi for sale if you don't mind to have them shipped. I've got plenty available. PM if interested, thanks. :)

not quit familiar with these , probably stupid of me to say , some more information please ?

I lost one last night , I have no idea why he would die ? My water parameters are perfect . . . :thinking:

Poor source I'm guessing. I bought cardinals and jumbo neons from petsmart, and almost all died, I replaced free of charge, only for them to dwindle away again. Wasn't going to get them again, but a more reputable dealer had them for sale. Bought a half dozen, all survived, so I went back and got a dozen baby cardinals. All are still healthy 6 months later.

Koikid88 said:
Poor source I'm guessing. I bought cardinals and jumbo neons from petsmart, and almost all died, I replaced free of charge, only for them to dwindle away again. Wasn't going to get them again, but a more reputable dealer had them for sale. Bought a half dozen, all survived, so I went back and got a dozen baby cardinals. All are still healthy 6 months later.

Makes perfect sense

So I lost a candy cane tetra the other night and I found him stuck to the filter intake ! So I purchased four more candy cane tetras last night to know have a total of seven and this morning I found another small one stuck to the filter intake ? What's happening my water parameters are fine ! (the two that I had lost were smaller then the ones I bought last night and where from the first batch of candy canes that I purchased two weeks ago)

I did realize yesterday when I added the new candy cane tetras he was hiding in a cave . . . :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom