Canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquabeast

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i have a marineland c220 canister filter on my 55 gallon. i was thinking of getting another one. in addition to having 2 HOB filters. would another same size canister do just fine, or should i try and get a bigger one? i was kinda hoping i could get one of the same size since canister filters are crazy in price. just kinda confused as to what i should do.

Yeah get another one, you can't have too much filtration. I gotta ask though why are you wanting another one? Are you concerned with to much waste or what? I have two canister filters on my 54gal tank one Filstar XP2 and one XP4.

i was actually planning on just replacing my two HOB with the canisters. i really like the Marineland line. and actually, i dont have enough waste.lol theres only a Discus, 6 Red Minors, 6 cories and 4 german blues. plus my plants do alot of cleaning. i was thinking the biggest one up from the c220.

In that case then definitely get rid of those puny HOBs and replace them with a bigger canister filter, thats exactly what I did.

I only have one canister. I'm an Eheim Ecco 2232 on my 10g rimless planted tank. Works well, very quiet. I have custom acrylic Lily Pipes for it.

So I think a second canister would replace your HOBs fine.

Eheim 2217. Best filter for that size tank.

i may just leave the HOB on the tank, and have two canisters too. but, should i match up and go with another c220, or try Fluval or Eheim? i like marineland a lot, and i was thinking the next size bigger.

Back
Top Bottom