Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Canister filter problem/question

Hello all.

I currently have a 75 gallon planted, with a couple schools of fish.

I'm running an aquatop cf500 (sunsun equivalent) and that's it. I have an eheim 2236 ecco pro. Which is being put out of use because it's purging out air every second. I'm not able to find the leak. I feel like there might be a hairline crack in the intake connector, the part that connects the tube to the canister itself.

I'm not sure if its fixable so I'd like to hear feedback on that.

I recently found a guy whose selling his marineland c530. It looks a lot like the Aquatop I have now. I'm sure it doesn't put out the said 530 gph but it still might be to much.

I was curious to see if it would be best to attempt to fix the eheim I have now, there's no guaranty that I can fix the problem. Or buy the used marineland for $100. It's not that bad of a price but, with me being in high school and not having a job at the moment it could be pretty significant to me.

The eheim ecco puts out about 250-300 gph and when it was running put out the same amount of flow as the aquatop. I'm noticing now that I'm getting a lot of suspsended particles in the water. Due to the lack of having a secondary filter.

Old 10-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

For sealing o-rings on the intakes and outakes on the canister itself is using regular old petroleum jelly fine or should I use something else?

Tags
question, problem, canister, filter, canister filter

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com