canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys, it's been a while. Just a quick question about canister filters, which are the best cheap ones? Im ready to upgrade from hob.

I have a Marineland canister filter myself and am generally happy with it. It is the only canister I have so I can't compare it to anything.

Based on what I've read about them, you can't go terribly wrong with any of the major brands out there -- so I'd just based the decision on the balance of features and cost.

Best!

Anyone know anything about Those aqua tops or aqua sun's? Something like that, they range around $50 on eBay.

fishdud said:
Anyone know anything about Those aqua tops or aqua sun's? Something like that, they range around $50 on eBay.

Pretty much a cheap off brand and yet I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm getting one when I start up my cichlid tank.

Sharkbait54 said:
Pretty much a cheap off brand and yet I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm getting one when I start up my cichlid tank.

Same here. I heard it's a ripoff of some other branded but seen and read good reviews about em. I think only thing bad is that they don't come with the media.

keep in mind that if you are switching from an HOB that you clean regularly, and is doing the job, to a cannister, where you are storing crap for long periods, it isn't an upgrade.

But don't canisters hold more media, require less maintenance and do a better job at keeping the tank clean than hob? If so, then that's an upgrade to me.

Once you have a canister you'll never go back. I clean my canister every month, and i clean my HOB every month same thing. But the canister cleans 70% better and faster.

Yeah I think canisters are great. I own a fluval 406 on my 75g its amazing

Back
Top Bottom