canister fiter recomendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppylove85

Aquarium Advice Regular
its time for an up grade... i only have minimal time for tank maintenance as i am a busy mom.

i have a 20 gallon long betta sorority with albino cory cats and a few platty.
its planted with sand

are there any good canister filters with flow control, quick set up and easy maintain?

what would you buy? and why?

thanks i was just considering a marine land c-160 its on sale at drfosterandsmith... but i will pay more for some thing better.

hobs need too much space where my tank is currently.

its time for an up grade... i only have minimal time for tank maintenance as i am a busy mom.

i have a 20 gallon long betta sorority with albino cory cats and a few platty.
its planted with sand

are there any good canister filters with flow control, quick set up and easy maintain?

what would you buy? and why?

thanks i was just considering a marine land c-160 its on sale at drfosterandsmith... but i will pay more for some thing better.

hobs need too much space where my tank is currently.
I would buy this: Amazon.com : EHEIM Classic 250 External Canister Filter â?? 2213 : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies Why? Ehiem makes one of the best canisters. Fluvals are good too. Either one. For you size tank you would want the 2211 Classic 150.

Fluval 206 would be perfect. I run one on my 29g and am very happy with it.

thanks new filter ordered and on the way. ehime 2211 it is after researching them over.

yeah i thought about one of those but if i get a uv sterilizer its going to be separate unit since i have read a few bad things about having it in the filter itself. I really need durablity as well. who wants pour money in to a new unit every year. plus if i get a uv sterilize i will only use it a few days at a time.

yeah i thought about one of those but if i get a uv sterilizer its going to be separate unit since i have read a few bad things about having it in the filter itself. I really need durablity as well. who wants pour money in to a new unit every year. plus if i get a uv sterilize i will only use it a few days at a time.
I would rather fight algae than have a UV sterilizer. When using a UV sterilizer all or most bacteria both good an bad is killed. Your water is basically "dead" but it WILL be clear as a bell. Some will disagree of course, but I suggest partial water changes and less light to fight the algae battle. my $0.02.

I would rather fight algae than have a UV sterilizer. When using a UV sterilizer all or most bacteria both good an bad is killed. Your water is basically "dead" but it WILL be clear as a bell. Some will disagree of course, but I suggest partial water changes and less light to fight the algae battle. my $0.02.

I agree with skipping the uv sterilizer. However open water is a fairly barren thing. Most everything in your tank resides on the surface of something. They don't necessarily harm anything but definitely waste electricity and bulbs if you run them continuously.

Back
Top Bottom