Can't find frog!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lindsey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My African dwarf frog is seriously gone. Been MIA for a couple days and I can't locate it anywhere. Small 10 gal tank with 2 Molly's, 1 Platy, and 1 Glofish Danio. New to this hobby and wondering if the other fish could have possibly eaten it??

If it died then yes, they would have eaten it. Have you checked the floor around the tank?

Yes, short of actually taking the tank apart we've moved plants around and everything looking for it. Do I need to keep looking until I find the skeleton (or whatever is left of it) to get it out of there?

Does the tank have a tight lid? My guess is it jumped if its not in the filter. One of mine jumped out of a 55g and I found my cat eating it.... :(

Oh dear. Hadn't thought of that. Has a lid but there IS a small square hole that I guess it could've jumped out of - and we have an indoor cat :eek:/ Haven't seen her eating anything but I guess anything is possible. Grrr.

If he was dead you would see bits of it in the tank. I often feared mine got out but it turned out they were better at hiding than I was looking. Though one time one of mine did get out. Thankfully I saw it as it made a leap towards the gap under my closet door and was able to return it to the tank. My bet is it's just skillfully hiding but I would search around your floor, and not just around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom