Cant get rid of the cloudiness!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xtremez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello
As many of you probably wonder why i post another cloudiness question its because the internet solutions simply dont work and i need an advice!
I have had my tank running for 7 weeks with 4 guppies, around 10 guppie babies left (--> 6 happy angel fish)4 of those those fish that like to suck the glass and a few snails. I mix the gravel, do 10% water change weekly, add bacteria solutions weekly but my water is still translucent cloudy.
i need help im idealess! petience doesnt work either.

P.S: I do not over feed.
any help will be appreciated

75 gallon fresh water
76 temprature
Eheim 2215 Filter
1.5 inches of gravel 5 plastic plants and 2 dead corals

"2 dead corals"

You have Coral in a freshwater tank? you know it increases your hardness and PH right?

If you have test kits, what are your PH,Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate readings on the tank? If you don't have test kits, a LFS will usually test your water for free.

Is your tank in direct sunlight?

Or do you mean plastic coral? We need the test results to move on. Could your filter media be full? When was the last time you cleaned it?

I have a 2215 on one of my tanks and find using Marineland Carbon (granules) very effective to clean up the cloudiness. (assuming you have not tried this yet.) Though this will clean the water very well you'd still want to try and find the source of the problem should it happen again.

Thanks for the replys.. the corals have been dead for 10 years and they look nice as stones in the aquarium. I had my water checked last week and
pH= 6.9 (average for Toronto tap water)
Ammonia= 0.02
Nitrate= 0
I just bought a new solution that is very strong and effective.. it promises results in 24 hours i poured some of it and the water seems to be a little clearer ill update the condition tomorrow
the aquarium is only 7 weeks old so it wont need to be cleaned for 4 more months.

I would rather find the cause then dump in Chemicals. esp when dealing with chemicals that have the possibility of clogginf fishes gills, just IMO of course.

it seems to be clearing now.. i bought a new water freshener and it does give results in 24 hours. Its a new tank and the cycle is probably finishing now

My tank took a couple months to clear up the cloudiness when I first started out with my all limestone rocks. I think I read somewhere that extra calcium carbonate (what coral is made of) in your water can make it cloudy. I think it will start to dissolve in your water is below or around neutral (please correct me if I'm wrong as this is just from reading).

Maybe you should try taking the coral out for a bit & just let the tank sit for a week to see if it changes.

Back
Top Bottom