Can't Get the Sludge Out On A 10%/week PWC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smithw14

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everybody.

I have no problem with getting all the debris and sludge out of my 55g doing 1 PWC per week, however, with the 20g, thats a different story. I end up only vaccuming a quarter of the tank and i'm already up to 20% water change!!!!!

How does one clean the sludge out of a smaller tank without going over 10% water change a week?

Thanks!

-William

You can change more than 10%. I change 50% on my 10g, but I only vac half the tank. You shouldn't be vac'ing the whole thing at once.

Try doing 50% PWC and vac'ing half the tank at a time per week.

shes right you can do more than 10% pwc, infact these past few weeks ive been doing 10-30g pwc daily, and now that i have my python ive been doing up to 45g battling this stuipd bacterial bloom

i vac the whole tank out at once, though, in fact i have to since i have some voracious eatters, that crap all over...

We do 50% changes on all of our tanks weekly. You can never change too much water (well, in a healthy tank).

50% to 70% PWC's weekly here. Most of the time, just 50%, but if I have a little more crud on the bottom than normal, will go to 70%. I also do 75% PWC's on my non-planted 55G weekly.

Back
Top Bottom