Can't get them to eat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IHaveAquariums

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I recently got 3 peacock gudeons that will inhabit a 20 gallon long soon, but I've been having trouble getting them to eat. I have tried flakes, pellets, wafers, freeze dried blood worms and freeze dried shrimp. I don't know if they're eating them without me seeing them but I haven't observed them eating and they haven't come to the surface as they're bottom fish. Ive also used tongs to reach food down to them but they haven't seem interested. Any advice on this? Can't really do live or frozen foods atm

I've used Omega One cichlid pellets in the past to entice finicky fish to eat. The pellets are very small and they sink to the bottom.
You might up the temp. A bit to the upper range of the fishes accepted parameters.

Attachments

• 20180118_142646.jpg
    20180118_142646.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 75
Might want to try something frozen that is small.
Like cyclops ,daphnia or brine shrimp.
I would not think a bottom feeder is going to be interested in freeze dried anything as it floats forever?

I would also try soaking a few pellets you have in garlic juice /garlic guard, fish go crazy over garlic, you can make your own or seachem sells the garlic guard.

I'm not an expert but I don't think garlic will hurt that species of fish.

Alright, I just tried some other pellets and I'll see what happens to those, thanks for the input guys

Back
Top Bottom