Carbon media storage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ursi

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am currently treating with protozin for ich in my tank, I have taken the carbon media out of my filter.. What do I do with it for the 6 days while I am treating the tank?

Using Chemical (Carbon) Medium

I am currently treating with protozin for ich in my tank, I have taken the carbon media out of my filter.. What do I do with it for the 6 days while I am treating the tank?

Hello Ursi...

You don't need to replace the carbon medium. Just start a weekly water change routine that includes thorough vacuuming and change out half the water in the tank. The water changes will do same job as the carbon, just better. So, you don't need this medium.

B

I do that anyway but the carbon was in my filter as standard.. I've taken it out as advised on the bottle to treat for ich.. And I was concerned how I would keep it damp for 6-7 days before I can put it back in is all, I only replaced it about 3 weeks ago.. I usually do a 50% change every 5 days and alternate cleaning the filter and then the substrate

Carbon Medium

I do that anyway but the carbon was in my filter as standard.. I've taken it out as advised on the bottle to treat for ich.. And I was concerned how I would keep it damp for 6-7 days before I can put it back in is all, I only replaced it about 3 weeks ago.. I usually do a 50% change every 5 days and alternate cleaning the filter and then the substrate

Hello again...

You can throw the carbon medium away. Filter systems come with three types of filter media: Mechanical, biological and chemical. The chemical medium can be removed and not used, if you do a good job of changing out the tank water. Half the tank's volume every week or so is fine.

B

Oh ok, thanks that'll save me some pennies too!

Back
Top Bottom