Cardinal tetra question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spring007

Aquarium Advice Regular
today morning when I turned on the lights of my community aquarium, 3 of my cardinal tetra's color was really really pale....
After a while their color was normal! Is it natural for them to change their color depending on the intensity of the light?? Coz I'm sure none of them have any infections(I've had them for 4 months now)....

My Neon Tetras do the same thing, many bright fish "shut down" their color cells at night and turn "them on" during the day. So they brighten up once they start moving around.

I think it depends when they wake up. If I get up early and flip on the light all eight of my tetras are light. If I wake up later, and there's already some natural light in the room, or if a light in the room has been on, and then I turn on the light some of the fish have been swimming around for awhile and are bright while others are still light, and haven't really started moving.

I have had this happen to one of my Cardinal's as well. It only hapened once. I would like to know why as well.

during sleep and rest they active organs etc go to sleep mode and color wise fall in the pale area. perfectly normal

Back
Top Bottom