Caring for a sick fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megi-lin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am doing water changes and antibiotics.
I have a 20 gal tank. Should I be doing a 25 or 50% pwc each week?
My poor Sunny has fin rot. My tank was really dirty and I feel awful about it. We didn't get a stand for the tank when I moved it to my room. So, the dresser it is on is too high and i always need help with the pwc. Mainly because my tube on the siphon is not long enough to reach the bucket on the floor. Maybe a longer siphon will be at my fish store? I don't want to spend a lot of money. So, anyway, that is why my tank was dirty and got an illness. This is my last main fish left in the tank. I have a snail (pictured) and 6 armoured catfish.
The stuff at the top that looks like gunk is residue from an older antibiotic from a while ago that created foam.

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1479849690372.jpg
    1479849690372.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 50
Follow the directions on the meds while treating...
Then 50% is best IMO regardless of test.
Many of my tanks are high up and I know what you are saying about hose in the bucket.
You can just get a longer hose that fits the syphon at a hardware store for less then new syphon.
OR I also use a small step ladder...I place bucket on top and stand on lower step[ as I am short to boot!].
Good luck.

Follow the directions on the meds while treating...
Then 50% is best IMO regardless of test.
Many of my tanks are high up and I know what you are saying about hose in the bucket.
You can just get a longer hose that fits the syphon at a hardware store for less then new syphon.
OR I also use a small step ladder...I place bucket on top and stand on lower step[ as I am short to boot!].
Good luck.

I'm short, too! I used to put the bucket on a chair but at around 40% empty, I was too short to continue siphoning. I think the gravel displaces 2 gallons so I think I have 18 gal of water. So 50% weekly?

Sent from my XT1585 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom