cat -> fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LK17

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! me again.. If a cat ate a fish infected with ich will it be harmed? or does it have no effect on the cat? Just curious, ty!

Yes, give the cat a 27 minute salt dip in 50/50 NaCl/h20 solution...or simply say bad kitty those are my fishies!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

>_< but hypothetically lmfao, will she be okay? (if eaten) o.o

Can't see it being a problem..
They eat sick birds and stuff..i give mine ice cream as a trade off for not messing with the fish.. seems to be working

The fish? No. The cat should be fine maybe some diarrhea from the sudden change of food but I wouldn't be worried

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If your cat did eat a fish, be aware that it may puke the whole fish up. They do that, even with mice and other such critters. Domestic cats generally have fairly sensitive stomachs.

If your cat did eat a fish, be aware that it may puke the whole fish up. They do that, even with mice and other such critters. Domestic cats generally have fairly sensitive stomachs.

Right on your pillow!! Its a present!!! You're welcome hooman:)

Eh. They probably successfully digested several others before one didn't sit right and they puked. Cats are obligate carnivores, but if they're used to kibble it might bother them occasionally. My dog was eating raw chicken for a couple months and never puked.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I am just very curious as to why someone would ask this question if it had not happened. I don't have a cat, but I am battling Ich at the moment on some cardinal tetras, and it is taking forever to go away. As far as I know , Ich cannot harm anything but fish.

Well I am just very curious as to why someone would ask this question if it had not happened. I don't have a cat, but I am battling Ich at the moment on some cardinal tetras, and it is taking forever to go away. As far as I know , Ich cannot harm anything but fish.

Being that it is a parasite and cannot reproduce in temperatures above the 80s, much less survive the acidic conditions of a stomach I would be inclined to agree.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom