catching fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have GBR, 5 of them, 4 are pairing up and want to remove the 5th... problem is once i put the net into the tank she swims away. The problem is GBR loose their color if they are startled.. so they all look the same once the net goes in and all huddle in the corner and i can tell the difference between them.

Any helpful hits would be nice. going to wait a day until i try again

I have GBR, 5 of them, 4 are pairing up and want to remove the 5th... problem is once i put the net into the tank she swims away. The problem is GBR loose their color if they are startled.. so they all look the same once the net goes in and all huddle in the corner and i can tell the difference between them.

Any helpful hits would be nice. going to wait a day until i try again

I don't have ram yourself but u could feed them and then try?

You may not have to remove her. Several small cichlids only pair up if there is a third wheel. This seems to make the fish "jealous" and want to breed for some reason. The remaining pairs could possibly eat their spawn if this female is removed, as they may think the tank has become unsafe if she disappears.

Back
Top Bottom