catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

awilson133

Aquarium Advice FINatic
what kind of catfish is this? he came off a piece of used DW I got from petland..surprise he made it all the way..anyone know??

ForumRunner_20120430_232456.jpg

ForumRunner_20120430_232511.jpg

Try looking up banjo catfish. I am not totally sure because my screen is super small right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. The one butterfly posted looks closer.

absolutangel04 said:
Try looking up banjo catfish. I am not totally sure because my screen is super small right now.

EDIT: Nevermind. The one butterfly posted looks closer.

Between the two pictures it looks like it could be either, the first picture looks like the Raphael and the second picture looks like a banjo. Here's a banjo

View attachment 92262

is there any good sites for info. I looked it up on google but I didnt find what I was looking for hes like a good 1 half inch.
how big do they get?
is a 55g to small and will I have to rehome him soon?
what is their behavior like during the day and night?
what do they like to eat?
. well hes still alive this morning so thats good!

I.have a stripped Raphael in a 55, they are nocturnal but mine has been active and eating during the day as well. As for feeding when the lights go out we usually throw in a shrimp.pellet or two and he's quick.to eat them, he also eats the flakes that we add during the day

As for behaviour he's very calm and doesn't.bother anyone, the only guy that bothers him is our pleco for some reason. Question did he make a hiss/scream outside of the water?

he did hiss and sqeel when I took the wood out of the pot of warm water to be boiled but the other one had died already in the pot..i guess cause it got really hot..

okay well that site helped! so as far as food goes. pellets and worms..what brand of pellets are best? it also says worms..do they mean bloodworms?

Back
Top Bottom